[CentOS] wordpess can't connect to DB but mediawiki can

Sat Aug 15 21:57:03 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

> [this isn't really a centos issue, even if you're using centos,
> which isn't obvious. that said ...]

Yeah that's true. But this list tends to be rather helpful for general
problems that are less specific to centos. Sometimes. :) Really seems to
depend...

Incidentally I am using centos on all hosts:

#cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)

OK now that that's out of the way, for some reason I don't seem to have an
entry in my db database for either jokefire or jfwiki:

MariaDB [mysql]> select * from db  where Db like 'jfwiki' or Db like
'jokefire';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Not sure why that would be the case. They're definitely there on this
database server:

MariaDB [mysql]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |