[CentOS] C5 recent openssl update breaks mysql SSL connection

Tue Aug 18 08:55:06 UTC 2015
Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.co.uk>

In article <55D2ED32.6040000 at hogranch.com>,
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 8/18/2015 1:27 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> >> You should now be using mysql55 on CentOS-5, not mysql-5.0
> > That may well be the case, but isn't relevant to the point I'm making,
> > which is that something changed in openssl-0.9.8e-36 that has broken something.
>
> mysql 5.0 and openssl 0.9.8 are both ancient and way past their
> expiration date.

Maybe so, but still a side issue. Openssl 0.9.8e was recently updated.
Some change in this update has broken something. I would like to understand
what, and so ought the package maintainers. C5 isn't EOL until March 2017.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield