[CentOS] Converting HVM to PV kernel CentOS7

Wed Aug 19 05:13:26 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 8/18/2015 9:53 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> I have installed CentOS 7 HVM kernel. I would like to convert it to CentOs
> 7 PV kernel.
>
> When googled about it, I found that this can be done by following commands
>
> yum install xen or yum install kernel-xen
>
> But, when I tried the below commands, I am getting the error *"No package
> kernel-xen available.**"*

what version were those instructions for ?   AFAIK, there's no xen
specific kernel in EL7, Red Hat and therefore CentOS supports KVM as
their native virtualization, and the PV drivers for KVM are built in.