[CentOS] TLS for all CentOS websites but not for smtp?

Wed Aug 19 16:24:13 UTC 2015
Kai Bojens <kb at kbojens.de>

On 19-08-15 08:30:27, Alice Wonder wrote:

> e-mail by its very design is not secure, SMTP creates "Man In The
> Middle" at every server along the way.

DANE exists and mail servers like postfix support this. My logfiles
show me that mail.centos.org delivers straight to me without any
servers along the way.

> I'm not saying they shouldn't implement TLS on the list server, just
> not sure what the privacy or security benefit really would be.

Encryption ensures that third parties simply cannot follow their "collect
all" strategy.