[CentOS] fsck mdraid root partition

Thu Aug 20 20:46:39 UTC 2015
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

Apologies for the late reply; I only just saw this message today.

On 2015-08-17, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com> wrote:
> It shows as /dev/md/2, while it is called /dev/md2 if I boot into the OS.

It's possible that one is a symlink to the other.  IIRC the /dev/md2
naming style is somewhat deprecated.  If you can boot off of the current
/, you can check for sure.

> mdadm --assemble --scan /dev/md/2
>
> I assume it will assemble it.  Is it going to cause and problems
> assembling it under a different name in order to run the fsck?

If it assembles, then it shouldn't cause any problems once you reboot.
Running fsck against the /dev/md/2 device should be fine.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us