[CentOS] rpmbuild dwz error

Fri Aug 21 21:46:02 UTC 2015
Andrew Neuschwander <andrew.neuschwander at nih.gov>

On 08/21/2015 02:04 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 21.08.2015 um 21:08 schrieb Александр Кириллов <nevis2us at infoline.su>:
>>> On CentOS 7, I'm building a large C++ package with rpmbuild. Arachne
>>> (https://www.broadinstitute.org/crd/wiki/index.php/Arachne_Main_Page).
>>> During the debuginfo extraction stage, I get the following error:
>>> + /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh --strict-build-id -m --run-dwz
>>> --dwz-low-mem-die-limit 10000000 --dwz-max-die-limit 110000000
>>> /home/andrew/rpmbuild/BUILD/arachne-46233
>>> dwz: Multifile temporary files too large
>>> cpio: /builddir/build/BUILD/glibc-2.17-c758a686/math: Cannot stat: No
>>> such file or directory
>>> cpio: arachne-46233/src/Calculator.cc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>>> cpio: arachne-46233/src/Calculator.y: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
>>> 36150 blocks
>>> rpmbuild/dwz appear to be using /var/tmp for large temporary debug
>>> info files. This package generates over 30GB of debug data and I think
>>> it is filling up /var/tmp leading to the error. How can I tell
>>> rpmbuild to use an alternative temporary file location?
>>
>> Try to change %_tmppath in /usr/lib/rpm/macros or build in mock and place the whole chroot on a larger drive (/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg).

I set %_tmppath (in ~/.rpmmacros) and $TMPPATH (xz called by
find-debuginfo.sh uses it) and more parts of the build process used my
custom tmppath. But dwz still uses large temporary files in /tmp.

> and if you do not need the debug packages, add
>
> %_enable_debug_packages  0
>
> into your .rpmmacros file
>
> --
> LF

I tried disabling the debug packages but then rpmbuild just leaves the
debuginfo in the binaries and I ended up with a 30GB binary rpm.

-A