[CentOS] Cannot print on Centos 6.7 [SOLVED]

Fri Aug 21 21:52:09 UTC 2015
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu>

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Kay Schenk wrote:

> [...]

I just found the problem. The firmware on the printer was from January
20, 2011. I went to HP's website and noticed a massive firmware
update from December of 2014. I downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it
to get the .rfu file needed to update. And then I did:

cat ljP4000fw_04.221.6.rfu > /dev/usb/lp0

This upgraded my printer to a December 30, 2014 firmware update, and
now...printing works fine!

Sorry for the bother, everyone. As one person here told me, "if it's not a
firmware issue, it's a CUPS configuration issue."

Yep...

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***