[CentOS] [security] Thunderbird vulnerable to MITM

Sun Aug 23 17:31:04 UTC 2015
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 08/23/2015 10:17 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> Yes some people's version of politics is annoying. Politics ought to be
> about creating pragmatic solutions for the public good rather than
> enforcing brain-dead dogma.
>
> MariaDB is a so-called "drop-in" replacement for MySQL although I
> understand version 10 is not compatible.
>
> Could LibreSSL create a "drop-in" replacement version for OpenSSL ?

No, they remain API compatible with OpenSSL 1.0.1 but they are not ABI
compatible, and they do not wish to be.

Anything built against OpenSSL has to be recompiled to use LibreSSL.

Both libraries though can exist on the system at the same time,
installed in the standard /usr prefix - so you can have both installed.

/usr/bin/openssl is the only conflict - resolved by renaming the binary
from LibreSSL to /usr/bin/libressl on systems with both.

I don't worry that much about OpenSSL being there, it is just the public
facing servers I want to use LibreSSL.