[CentOS] please block user

Thu Aug 27 15:53:25 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Thu, 2015-08-27 at 10:35 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> Me too: I started receiving them from different IP (with much longer
> delay, so they do add "improvements" to their setup). This IP, has neither
> DNS A record nor DNS PTR record, but has DNS MX record. One can use these
> (have your MX stop talking to anything having broken DNS records).

Exim is available from EPEL.

In Exim:

(1) I set one indicator if the host name does not fully resolve (IP to
name to IP)

(2) I set another indicator if there is something wrong with the
HELO/EHLO name or the name does not resolve to the sender's IP address

(3) I set a third indicator if the SMTP sender = SMTP recipient; or
 the SMTP recipient is an email address disused because of spam; or
 the SMTP recipient's host is *not* one of ours

(4) If all 3 indicators set, then:-

* then the email attempt is rejected before the email body (DATA) is
received

* a PHP sub-routine is called which creates a fully descriptive internal
email and SUDO is invoked to add the IP address to the firewall's
monthly blocking list.

Otherwise if the sender = recipient or the recipient is 'wrong' the
connection is rejected *before* the message body is accepted from the
sender.

Meanwhile, every incoming email's sender's host is checked against a
file containing banned senders' host names and the occasional IP
address.

Fight spam by *not* being a passive victim.

Regards,

Paul.