[CentOS] please block user

Sat Aug 29 19:24:57 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Sat, 2015-08-29 at 13:04 -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:

> In consequence of this thread I went looking for a probe script that
> would send individualized email messages to each subscriber of a
> mailman list and found none.  Does such a thing in fact exist?

What might work, although the task is potentially daunting, is to
examine the MX for each list member's domain name and from that derive
the IP address. A quantity, much less than the list's total membership,
of possible suspects would result.

The quantity gets divided into groups of 5 or 10 email addresses; then
each group is sent a message with a fake email address (I can supply
suitable and currently unused domain names). When a junk mail is sent to
a fake email address the 5 or 10 members of the group receiving the fake
email address are potential suspects.  10 more 'fake' email addresses
from a different domain can be used to isolate the culprit.

As this nuisance started very recently, the joining dates of recent
subscribers could identify the possible culprit.

Reading our emails could encourage the culprit to subscribe again using
different credentials. However, if Mailman retains the joining date,
that could be easy to identity.

> It seems to me that this would be an invaluable tool in tracking down
> which subscriber is the bot-bait.

The pest is a brain-dead moron, male, lonely with no girl-friend (or
even a boy-friend). Pitiful personality who deserves our sympathy.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.