[CentOS] Shutdown hangs on "Unmounting NFS filesystems"

Mon Aug 31 15:32:06 UTC 2015
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 08/30/2015 04:32 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:20:21 -0500
> Robert Nichols wrote:
>
>> Once the system gets into this state, the only remedy is a forced
>> power-off.  What seems to be happening is that an NFS filesystem that
>> auto-mounted over a WiFi connection cannot be unmounted because the
>> WiFi connection is enabled only for my login and gets torn down when
>> my UID is logged off.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I can configure things to avoid this?  I
>> really don't want to expose my WPA2 key by making the connection
>> available to all users.
>
> Perhaps you could unmount that share when you log off by putting a umount command into the appropriate file.
>
> The definition of "appropriate file" varies depending on what DE you're using.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using Gnome, and created an
executable file /etc/gdm/PostSession/autofsNFS containing:

   #!/bin/bash
   if grep -q ':.* nfs[234]\? ' /proc/mounts; then
       if [ -r /var/run/autofs.pid ]; then
	  Pid=$(</var/run/autofs.pid)
	  [ -n "$Pid" ] && kill -USR1 $Pid
       fi
   fi

That sends a SIGUSR1 to the automount process if there are any
remote NFS mounts listed in /proc/mounts.  It seems to do the
trick.

                 Do NOT delete it.