[CentOS] Version numbering vis a vis CentOS and RHEL

Mon Dec 7 16:17:25 UTC 2015
Phelps, Matthew <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> On 07/12/15 15:52, John Hodrien wrote:
>
> > To me, I'm not sure I get any issues or advantages from the new scheme,
> > but I
> > can't say it bothers me greatly.
>
> This is the thing that bothers me most - that folks dont have a good
> grasp on what / why the numbering is working like this.
>
> We are still a small team, and all efforts are flat out on getting the
> iso media and images done, out of the door - but as soon as I have this
> done, I'll look at hosting some google hangouts, irc sessions and maybe
> a longer email thread as well to lay out the numbering proposition.
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

IRC is not a good choice for communicating with IT admins in a large
enterprise environment. It is usually blocked.

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility