[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Wed Dec 9 16:45:55 UTC 2015

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 12/09/2015 08:54 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> So, the implication of your suggestion, if I understand it aright, is
>> that I should audit all of the communication forums in use by Fedora
>> developers and then point out whenever any of the many dozens or
>> hundreds of contributors introduces something that in my opinion may
>> impact a server installation.  ....
>>
>> Am I correct?
> Yeah, pretty much.  At least you have the ability to have some input
> upstream, unlike with Windows.
<snip>
Can't remember if I posted this here - I've posted this comment in a one
or two other places - but one thing that's always aggravated me is when
the development or architecture side simply DOES NOT TALK to end users,
but Knows How It Needs To Be.

I'm sure it's *far* too much work for, say, the fedora development team to
put out once a quarter a notice to upstream, and maybe CentOS, Scientific
Linux, and whatever other main user groups to inform them of major
changes, and see the feedback....

Nahhh, who cares whether end users are happy, they'll just do what is
K3wl, never mind if it's appropriate, or overly complicated....

      mark