[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Wed Dec 9 18:15:56 UTC 2015
Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com>

On 12/09/2015 09:37 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 12/09/2015 08:54 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> So, the implication of your suggestion, if I understand it aright, is
>> that I should audit all of the communication forums in use by Fedora
>> developers and then point out whenever any of the many dozens or
>> hundreds of contributors introduces something that in my opinion may
>> impact a server installation.  ....
>>
>> Am I correct?
> Yeah, pretty much.  At least you have the ability to have some input
> upstream, unlike with Windows.
>
> Once it is in RHEL, it is simply *going* to be in CentOS, full stop.  If
> you don't want it in CentOS, then it needs to be yelled about when it
> appears in Fedora.  Yes, this is work.  But many are already doing this
> work; it is those people whose voices are being heard; it is also some
> of those people that are making dynamic networking happen (which is
> useful for more than just laptops).
Hi,

I think saying that you can have some say as to what goes into Fedora is being a little
naive, look at systemd, many people complained about its inclusion but the powers to be
heard none of it, and the refrain I saw was if you don't like systemd then run something else.

Regards,
Steve

> If you want your voice to be heard, you have to use your voice in the
> venue where changes can happen.  Once it is in a particular major
> version of CentOS, it is simply not going away (unless RHEL removes it).

Stephen Clark
*NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.*
Director of Technology
Phone: 813-579-3200