[CentOS] boot thumbdrive with CentOS 7 ISO???

Mon Dec 14 22:53:18 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 12/14/2015 05:29 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:16:42 -0500 ken wrote:
>
>> How?  I downloaded two (larger) of the three Centos 7 ISOs I could
>> find... the only ones I could find.  (I listed on names of the ISOs
>> in my first post to this thread.)
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/0_README.txt
>
> That lists the different images that are available.  I use the Live
> Gnome CD image to boot the machine, then click on Install to Hard
> Drive icon, install that, then remove the stuff that I don't want and
> install what I do want afterward.
>
> A nice side-effect is that you get to test your hardware
> compatibility before going through all of the song and dance to
> actually install the operating system.

I just started downloading
http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-livecd-GNOME-x86_64.iso,
one of the newer (July 2014) gnome livecd things.  Weird that the newer
ISOs seem to be broke.

Thanks to everyone to help figure out how all this works.