[CentOS] CentOS 7 installer bug?

Wed Dec 16 21:30:38 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:47:35PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> The other admin I work with seems to have found a bug in the installer.
> The setup is: two internal SSD drives. Once the GUI gets to "select drive
> to install on", he goes to <ctl><alt><f2>, creates a RAID 1, and
> partitions it, regular MBR (they're small). 1G for /boot as the first
> partition, 2G for swap as the second partition, and the rest for / as
> partition 3. fdisk shows the partition types correctly.
>
> Back to the GUI, select the MD drive... and /boot's fine, / looks ok...
> but the one for swap shows with 0 bytes.
>
> Anyone else seen this behavior?

no, not me.

but I did just (week or so ago) build a system on Centos-7 using
two HDs as RAID-1. I used Anaconda to do the partitioining, did NOT
partition the drives beforehand like you did.

creating RAID in Anaconda is not especially intuitive, but it can
be done.

here's the general recipe I followed:

http://www.ictdude.com/howto/install-centos-7-software-raid-lvm/

you can also do manual partitioning if you don't want LVM, just
define your own partitions and specify whatever non-LVM filesystem
you prefer.

it's not, as I said, exactly intuitive, but if you play around with
it for a while you'll be able to figure it out. it might be easiest
to create a VM and try it there until you get it the way you like.

Fred

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996