[CentOS] Idiot-proof method to format a flash drive

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Tue Dec 1 16:29:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:49:42 -0500
Lamar Owen wrote:

> Nux gave the program names already...... but.....
>
> In CentOS 7 under the default GNOME desktop, Applications->Utilities->Disks
>
> I forget where palimpsest gets put on CentOS 6, sorry.

 gnome-disks it is!

While digging around for information about this I discovered that Linux Mint apparently has a nifty little program called mintstick that appears to be designed specifically for the purpose of formatting USB drives.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's available for either Centos or Fedora at the moment.

Oh well.  gnome-disks will do what I want it to do.

Thanks!