[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Duncan Brown centos2 at duncb.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 10:40:14 UTC 2015

On 03/12/2015 10:06, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 03.12.2015 um 10:53 schrieb Duncan Brown <centos2 at duncb.co.uk>:
>> On 03/12/2015 09:40, Bernard Lheureux wrote:
>>> On 12/03/2015 10:29 AM, Duncan Brown wrote:
>>> initramfs is missing...
>>> check if /boot/initramfs-{kernelversion}.img is correctly there, if not do a "yum reinstall kernel-{version}" and it should be ok !

>> No joy unfortunately, the correct initramfs is there
>>
>> I tried reinstalling just in case, but no change
>
> any additional kernel modules installed?
>
> --
> LF

Hi Leon

I'm running kmod-nvidia and kmod-forcedeth from elrepo

The nvidia-kmod had an update to work with the new kernel, the forcedeth
did not but as far as I can tell it didn't need one. (also why on earth
the forcedeth module has gone from the stock kernel in 7 I have no idea)

The first thing I tried however was uninstalling both, but I'm still
getting the same panic

Is there any way of logging it so I can see exactly what the panic says?

thanks all

Duncan