[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Dec 7 14:53:28 UTC 2015

Phelps, Matthew wrote:

>> > Oh, wait: CentOS, love it or leave it.
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> In fact, I would prefer you leave.
>
> Really?
>
> This is what we're dealing with now?
>
> OK. I will recommend we move away from CentOS.

This seems to be raising what to me is a trivial issue
to an absurd level of hostility.
Johnny Hughes' comment was uncharacteristically harsh;
and yours is even harsher.

To me, CentOS is a highly stable OS for my home servers,
and I am eternally grateful to Johnny Hughes and his colleagues
for carrying out what looks to me like an impossibly complex task.

The numbering of packages is a very small part of this.
On the other hand, a kernel panic would be very worrying to me
if it were in fact likely to happen.
I am glad to hear that I have no need to worry.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net