[CentOS] Version numbering vis a vis CentOS and RHEL

Phelps, Matthew mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 7 16:46:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> On 07/12/15 16:17, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
> >
> > IRC is not a good choice for communicating with IT admins in a large
> > enterprise environment. It is usually blocked.
> >

> Does google hangout work ? we might be able to also setup a phone dial
> in setup
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

In my case, yes, Hangouts works.

However, in general, any time dependent method is a problem since there's
probably some fire to be put out at any given hour.

I, and I suspect others, would prefer asynchronous communications so we can
contribute when we have time.

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility