[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Dec 7 19:23:21 UTC 2015

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 09:03:50AM -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 02:50:38PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> > For laptops, great. For anything else, not so much. For example,
>> > it's supposed to be an *ENTERPRISE* o/s... why does it
>> > automatically, without ever asking, install anything wifi? I'm
> [...]
>> The short answer:  Because RHEL is based on Fedora development.
>
> This is roughly true, although "downstream" RHEL makes its own
> decisions about many things. If you (Mark, or anyone else) would like
> to make this different in the future, getting involved with Fedora
> Server is a good way to do so.

1. Ignoring the several hundred log, etc, emails I deal with at work
      every day, I'm currently on at least 5 mailing lists, including
      this one, each ranging in business from 10-30 emails/day.
2. I work full time as a sysadmin, dealing with over 178 workstations,
      servers, and clusters.
3. I actually have a life outside of computers.
4. I don't notice any response to the huge and vehement reaction to systemd.

Given all that, how much more of my life should I spend on yet *another*
busy list, esp. when I do *not* want to install fedora, and debug an o/s
at home?

       mark "had to come in an hour early to bring up servers
               in the datacenter due to power work over the weekend,
               so, yes, I *am* a bit testy"