[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Dec 9 18:55:24 UTC 2015

Matthew Miller wrote:
>> of
>> > Because of the context of this conversation. We can't have user
>> > feedback and involvement without user feedback and involvement.
>> So, you're saying that end users need to go poke their noses into the
>> development process, but that developers don't need to poke their noses
>> out to the end users... or at least, that's how I read what you're
>> saying.
>
> If you want to go out of your way to read it that way, it's hard to
> stop you. However, it's not what I'm saying. The development process is
> conducted in the open for a reason.

I don't see that as going "out of my way". Let's put it this way: how many
times have folks on the development side poked their nose in here - the
general redhat list is pretty dead - and asked anything? I've been here
since '09, and I *think* that maybe once, *maybe* twice, someone asked
something here, who was on that side of the house.

Perhaps, if it's open, it should be a two way street, not one way, for us
to take time from what we're being paid for, to hit that side.

Oh, and btw, we *do* have a few RH licenses... and for those who have to
deal with smart card ID cards, you can thank my manager for pushing
through native support in RHEL 7. So I guess you could say we do,
sometimes, go to the development side.

       mark