[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:42:57 UTC 2015

On 12/09/2015 05:54 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
> So, the implication of your suggestion, if I understand it aright, is
> that I should audit all of the communication forums in use by Fedora
> developers and then point out whenever any of the many dozens or
> hundreds of contributors introduces something that in my opinion may
> impact a server installation.

I would offer that you could visit the Fedora ChangeSet page once every
six months and see what's coming.  For the release of 24 (changes not
yet final):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/24/ChangeSet

But generally, Free Software is a participation culture, where "Free"
refers to liberty, not commerce.  You don't get to consume the goods for
free, and also dictate your needs to the developers. If your employer
needs features that the developers aren't currently working on, it needs
to participate in development.  Maybe that means paying a developer.