[CentOS] CentOS 6, bareos, kerberos?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Dec 9 21:30:17 UTC 2015

Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 09:22:29AM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> After upgradeding to bareos 15.2, which also has a web ui, thereby
>> making it usable (since the command line tool, bconsole, does not
>> have a paging mechanism, and its sytax for choosing files to
>> restore is, let us say, arcane), I've got another question: is
>> *anyone* using bareos with kerberos? I see that they have in
>> alpha(?) tls support, which isn't a great idea, given the recent
>> vulnerabilities.... If you've figured out how
>> to use kerberos, rather than hard-coding a password in the console
>> configuration, I'd love to hear it.
>
> It might be worth asking this question on the bareos-users mailing
> list:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bareos-users

I tried asking questions there a couple-three times in the last month and
a half. The last time, in several days, no one even looked at the
questions, so there were zero responses.

Folks here are more willing to try to help.

I'm thinking, now, if there isn't, of just setting up apache security to
restrict the webpage, and then using a default password, like the system
name, once they're in.

        mark