[CentOS] when RedHat makes patches for only some versions

Noam Bernstein noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Dec 10 15:47:13 UTC 2015

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Am 10.12.2015 um 16:16 schrieb Noam Bernstein <noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil>:
>> I guess this is really a RedHat, not CentOS question, but I’m hoping that someone here will be familiar enough with the upstream policy to have some useful information.
>>
>> How does RedHat decide which versions to release patches for, e.g. https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7613 <https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7613> which has only a RH7 erratum, not 6?  And are they likely to eventually release a fix for this type of issue for RH6?
>
> Generally defined by the production phases:
> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
>
> It explains not all but at least the big picture …

That’s useful, thanks.

It does seem to indicate that RH6 is still in production 1, with security and bug fix errata being released.  So does that mean that I can expect RH to eventually release a fix for this CVE, but they just haven’t gotten around to it yet?

										Noam

Noam Bernstein
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
Naval Research Laboratory Code 6390

noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil
phone: 202 404 8628