[CentOS] USB devices - libgphoto2 - PTP - hplip

Michael H michael at wemoto.com
Thu Dec 10 16:02:32 UTC 2015

On 10/12/15 15:49, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Am 10.12.2015 um 11:11 schrieb Michael H <michael at wemoto.com>:

>>> on EL6 we use:
>>>
>>> # cat /etc/modprobe.d/usb-disabled.conf
>>> install	usb-storage	/bin/true
>>>
>>> # depmod -a
>> I've achieved disabling USB devices and then allowing specific vendors /
>> products using UDEV rules.
>>
>> How can I disable PTP automounting without removing the libgphoto2 package?
>>
>> We are allowing a specific set of usb devices to be used in the company,
>> one of the things we want to block is any kind of file transfer between
>> mobile devices and our systems. Unfortunately it's not just a complete
>> block on devices.
>

> A legitimately approach but from a security point of view its not the best one.
> No authentication, no authorization mechanism and USB IDs can be forgeable.

We are simply trying to block people who are unaware their phone may be
compromised. We understand that if someone puts their mind to it they
will still be able to get past the udev rules but it's a good starting
point.

any clues on disabling PTP (photo transfer protocol) without removing
the libgphoto2 package?

thanks