[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Dec 11 15:10:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:45:05AM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On the other hand, it would be relatively easy to determine
> the number of CentOS users, or CentOS machines, in various categories.
> For some reason both CentOS and Fedora seem to shy away from gathering
> this kind of information, or indeed any information from users.

I'm interested in any suggestions for how to do this in a "relatively
easy" way. Traditionally, Fedora users have been very wary of any
opt-out metrics-gathering. So, that leaves either reach-out information
seeking (which is valuable but expensive, hard, and time-consuming) or
else self-selected feedback, which when not done carefully can be
_worse_ than nothing.

And when I say I'm interested in suggestions, that's not a rhetorical
flourish. I mean it. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>