[CentOS] getting Google Earth to work.

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 17 04:08:02 UTC 2015

On 12/16/2015 8:00 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> I love playing around in Google Earth. something in the news, or on one
> of the Nasa sites that shows earth imagery will pique my interest and
> suddenly I've spent a couple hours (or more) looking at stuff in GE.

As I don't use Linux desktops for web browsing, I honestly don't know,
but doesn't Google Maps work in Firefox or whatever on CentOS?  It has
an 'earth view' which is the same dataset as Google Earth, albeit with
less 3D.   AFAIK, this just requires decent javascript support to
operate.   I rarely fire up the full Google Earth anymore.