[CentOS] google chrome future / centos 7

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Dec 18 13:34:36 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 09:38:40PM +0000, Richard wrote:
> On the linked-to help page:
>
>  <https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346>
>
> they show fedora-21[+] as supported. If I remember correctly,
> RHEL/CentOS-7 is based against fedora-19.

Actually, in two places on that page they say:

"Ubuntu 12.04+, Debian 7+, OpenSuSE 13.1+, or Fedora Linux 21"

No plus (+) after the 21.

I assume it must be a typo, since f21 left support on the 1st of this
month.  The fact that their documentation is poorly maintained is just
another bit of evidence that no one seems to care.  Either that, or
Google doesn't support Chrome on any supported version of RHEL or
Fedora.  I guess I have to switch to OpenSuSE.