[CentOS] google chrome future / centos 7

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Dec 18 16:27:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 09:55:39AM -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> <sarcasm>
> I guess we all are divided into two categories
>
> 1. If google [something] doesn't work on the operating system of my
> choice, the hell with that crap (and google itself).
>
> 2. If google [something] doesn't work on the operating system of my
> choice, I'll use whatever mighty google orders me (even if it is MS
> Windows ? ).
>
> </sarcasm>

Maybe its possible that one works someplace that has all its
email/collaboration/calendars in a Google Apps environment, and has a
central IT org saying to use Chrome for services?  Also, having Chrome
on EL7 was nice because then I didn't have to also track Flash Plugin
updates.

Last I checked, Google also didn't support the Extended Support
Release of firefox but only the last two releases, which also causes
problems.

My concern isn't really for my personal use of the browser.  Its that
I support classroom and instructional workstations, and not having a
supported browser is just another excuse for management to get rid of
Linux workstations and make everyone use Windows.