[CentOS] Network services start before network is up since migrating to 7.2

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner marcelo.leitner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:46:10 UTC 2015

Em 21-12-2015 14:24, James Hogarth escreveu:
> On 21 December 2015 at 15:08, Sylvain CANOINE <sylvain.canoine at tv5monde.org>
> wrote:
>
>>> If you're using NetworkManager, you can "systemctl enable
>>> NetworkManager-wait-online.service" and you won't have to override any
>>> of the individual services.
>> Our security experts don't want me to use NetworkManager... It's even
>> uninstalled on the models, so I understand better why all the required
>> files are not here :
>>

> "experts" ... I'm sorry ...

Agreed. Sylvain, if possible, please elaborate on their reasoning for
this, because it just seems like a case of "we fear what we don't know",
so they are recommending to stick to old habits instead.

Or have they identified real attack vectors in NM? If yes, we would love
to hear that so it can be fixed.

   Marcelo