[CentOS] CentOS-7.2 USB stick problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Dec 21 21:35:08 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I've installed CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE-1503.iso
> and CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE-1511.iso
> on two USB sticks.
> The first boots up in 90 seconds,
> but the second takes almost 7 minutes.
> (I'm talking about the time until my laptop becomes usable.)

As an experiment, I installed CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveGNOME-1511.iso
on the same USB stick (in place of the LiveKDE iso).
This runs perfectly; the 5 minute pause on the LiveKDE stick
takes only 5 seconds under LiveGNOME.

It seems that there is a bug in the CentOS-7.2 LiveKDE OS.
To repeat, after 5 minutes a small window comes up saying
"Unable to save bookmarks in /home/liveuser/.share/userspaces.xbel.
Repeated error was insufficient permissions in target directory.
This error message will only be shown once.
The cause of the error needs to be fixed as soon as possible,
which is most likely a full hard drive."

If anyone has a way around this problem I should be glad to hear it.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net