[CentOS] Calibre installation fails on C7

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Dec 23 03:06:33 UTC 2015

Attempting to install latest Calibre on Centos-7, getting:

2015-12-22 21:32:38 URL:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py [25887/25887] -> "-" [1]
Installing to /home/fredex/calibre-bin/calibre
Downloading tarball signature securely...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 670, in main
  File "<string>", line 655, in run_installer
  File "<string>", line 627, in download_and_extract
  File "<string>", line 619, in get_tarball_info
  File "<string>", line 578, in get_https_resource_securely
  File "<string>", line 487, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1182, in __init__
    context.load_cert_chain(cert_file, key_file)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL] PEM lib (_ssl.c:2757)

Can anybody advise me what this tells me? (other than SOMETHING wrong
with some certificate...)

Thanks!

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."