[CentOS] C7 apache file access

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 06:08:42 UTC 2015

> Wiaht is this httpd_user_content_t?

That is an selinux context which httpd is allowed to access.  It is
defined as the label for files matching the regex
/home/[^/]*/((www)|(web)|(public_html))(/.+)? in
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/

"restorecon" can be used to reset contexts to those defined in that
directory.

> Why on files I create on this system and not those I cp from a USB drive?

Because you used cp -a, which preserves permissions and labels, among
other attributes.  Normally, files inherit a context from their parent
directory.