[CentOS] routing with 2 public ips

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 07:22:25 UTC 2015

On 12/27/2015 07:49 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 27/12/2015 22:49, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>> While that's true, you still have to select the default route using "ip
>> rule".  And since you can do that using the source address for outgoing
>> packets, there's no reason to mark them.  It's completely redundant.
> Can you match the MAC address?? in ip rule?
> If so it's much simpler then I was estimating.

No, but you don't have to.  In the scenario presented, two links with
two IP addresses in different broadcast domains, traffic that is sent in
response to requests received on the second link/IP address will have
the second IP address in the source address field.  You can use that as
the rule.

Remember that Ethernet and IP are separate technologies.  You can make
routing policies entirely in the IP layer without mixing in Ethernet
stuff like MAC addresses.