[CentOS] routing with 2 public ips

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Dec 30 16:21:54 UTC 2015

On 30/12/2015 10:22, Paul R. Ganci wrote:

> On 12/30/2015 12:44 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>> "I want that the request of incoming traffic dont use the default
>> gateway. Incoming traffic sould be answered using the gateway of the
>> incoming device "
>
> I'm sorry but I have been following this thread for a while and
> everything that Gordon (and I mentioned in my first post) is accurate.
> This is a routing problem not a NATing problem. Even if it can be
> handled via NATing (which I serious doubt) it would require ridiculous
> server resources which are not necessary. Please look at our links
> carefully, This problem is simply handled by proper routing rules.
> Whether those are implemented via my suggested generic linux rules or
> via the Redhat specific rules Gordon suggested that is the proper way to
> handle the problem. I too am puzzled by what you are trying to do here
> otherwise.
>
> And just for the record I have a server with two interfaces on the same
> broadcast network and did exactly what I showed in the link I sent and
> got exactly what I wanted. From this single sentence you seem to want to
> do what either Gordon or I suggested in the links we sent. Why do you
> insist on playing with iptables when that is not the proper tool for
> this job?

I do not insist on anything else then there are missing things in the
picture... it is that simple nothing more then that.
If the thread poster will bother to clear the picture then I will be
able to understand.
I do not want anything and I do not need anything for me, my servers and
routing works just great but the thread started by someone which is not
here anymore so if everything works for me and if everything works for
you and Gordon I really do not think any more time or words should be
invested in something that is unclear at-least to me.

Eliezer