[CentOS] CentOS 7, annoyances in the logs

Thu Dec 31 16:29:17 UTC 2015

Annoyances:

1. I'm seeing a lot of noise in the logfile for a workstation that I just
built a couple months ago. One complaint is that
Configuration file /usr/lib/systemd/system/ebtables.service is marked
executable. Please remove executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway.

*Should* anything named <servicename>.service have any permissions other
than readable (and write for root)?

2. A lot of
python: SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/NetworkManager from write access
on the directory /sys.#012#012*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence)
suggests   **************************#012#012If you believe that
NetworkManager should be allowed write access on the sys directory by
default.#012Then you should report this as a bug.#012You can generate a
local policy module to allow this access.#012Do#012allow this access for
now by executing:#012# grep NetworkManager /var/log/audit/audit.log |
audit2allow -M mypol#012# semodule -i mypol.pp#012

Which policy I implemented, but why is that incorrect in the first place?

3. Finally, the noisiest of all,
 NetworkManager[7723]: <warn>  error requesting auth for
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.settings.modify.hostname: (0)
Authorization check failed:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a
reply (timeout by message bus)

and for what seems like every possible network type NetworkMangler
handles, including wifi, and I yum removed NetwoworkManager-wifi....

Anyone have any answers so I can shut this up?

        mark