[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 14:27:01 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 02:06:48PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> That's what I figured, but how do I go about getting a copy of it?
>
> Most of it has scrolled by when it's finished

If it's a server or workstation with a serial console, I suggest
connecting it to another computer, set up a serial console, set up
the other system to capture the console to a file or something you can
examine later.

In the el3 and el4 days, I used to use something called 'netconsole'
to dump the panic over the wire to a syslog server listening on the
same network.  It doesn't look like that's available in el7 though.
I'm not sure how one captures panics for workstations other than a
serial console, if it is too early for kdump to catch the panic.