[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 14:40:11 UTC 2015

Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Thu, December 3, 2015 4:28 am, Leon Fauster wrote:
>> Am 03.12.2015 um 11:08 schrieb Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com>:
>>> I wanted to help you by making sure that you were on the most recent
>>> version, but, looking at the Centos.org website I was unable to figure
>>> out if 7.2 was the tip. 7.1503? Is that 7.2? Beats me.
>>
>> CentOS 7.1511 (aka '7.2') not yet released ...
>
> aka 7.2, huh? auka 7.2 would be more appropriate IMHO (by auka meaning
> Also UnKnown As). Seriously, the scheme is awfully obscure. Our
> proficiemcy becomes aking the one of MS Windows admins: you just need to
> learn new names or locations of yet the same tools.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to pus sarcasm tags...

Agreed. I don't want "hints", and I'm not doing fedora or ubuntu, because
I don't want the LATESTGREATESTBLEEDINGEDGETIP, I want *stability*, and,
since we're supposed to be *enterprise* grade, I want stuff that's simple
enough for a poor ol' sysadmin, who might have to explain to a manager
what we're on....

        mark