[CentOS] CR getting 7.2 packages......

Thu Dec 3 17:57:03 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 12/03/2015 06:16 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/12/15 21:29, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> Heads-up to everyone: CR is getting CentOS 7.1511 (aka '7.2')
>> packages.....
>> The good side is that nothing major seems to have broken.
> thats good to hear - there are quite a few rebases and a lot of new
> added functionality in the new release. In the coming weeks, I will try
> and visit some of these via blog posts, videos etc. If anything specific
> pop's up, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing some of those.  For what it's worth, the
system feels significantly more responsive; also, my Win7 VM on KVM has
had a nice measurable speed boost; the disk score in the Windows
experience index was 5.9 before, now it's 7.2 (wish there was more than
a 1.0 for graphics, but, oh well).

All of my normally used programs are working just fine after the update,
including (and especially!) the commercial DAW program Harrison Mixbus
(I am using 3.0.2257).  Everything feels more responsive.