[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 18:35:08 UTC 2015
Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com>

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 12:26:08PM +0100, Leon Fauster wrote:
> >> CentOS 7.1511 (aka '7.2') not yet released ...
> >
> > And the way I'd figure this out from the centos website is?

Note that I was asking about the release numbering, not the release
itself. And while you're suggesting where I could find out more or
take part in the discussion, Leon, keep in mind that I've been using
CentOS since it was first released, I am on the -dev mailing list, and
I was a part of the discussion of this new numbering scheme when it
was first mooted - my recommendation was that if you did it at all,
you should use names like 7.2.1511. And I recall that the decision
was to use release names like 7.2.1511.

If we can get the version numbering scheme right here:

[lindahl at rd ~]$ more /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)

{note the .1. in the name}

Why can't we get it right on the website, and the mailing list?  Why
should I have to look at the bottom of a webpage to figure out the
mapping, when we could all say 7.2.1511? What is bad about being
clear?

-- greg