[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 19:33:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, December 3, 2015 11:19 am, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:46:10PM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> Here is a couple of pictures,
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/Vqvqn1H.jpg
>> http://i.imgur.com/WQaz1j9.png
>>
>> Any use?
>
> So, both of those are just the end of the kernel call trace,
> unfortunately, it doesn't show what function actually caused the
> panic.  That'd be above that text, something you could get from an
> attached console.

That is my main complaint about parallelized boot. My brain is only
capable to deal with serial sequence of events, and which next event is
deterministically predictable from previous. As with fatal things like
kernel panic, it is the previous before the fatalstep is the one that you
still can see...

It there some way to tell systemd kick in components serially?

Severs aside (you can not have everything), this (CentOS 7) is a great
system for laptops, the best I saw so far. Like machintosh. Only better.

Valeri