[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Thu Dec 3 19:48:12 UTC 2015

Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 03/12/2015 17:00, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Duncan Brown wrote:

High Precision Event Timer), so it's probably when the kernel is
touching something else on your system.

panic occurs) and - disable grub options like rhgb or quit ...
>>> Here is a couple of pictures,
>>         ^^ should be are.*
>>> http://i.imgur.com/Vqvqn1H.jpg
>>> http://i.imgur.com/WQaz1j9.png
>>>
>>> Any use?
>> I'm just guessing here, but it looks to me as though it's looking at
inodes - so filesystem, and kernel modules, maybe video - notice the
blacklist.

>> Wonder if this is a grub2 issue, and it's not finding the filesystem.
This isn't, by chance, a secure boot, not BIOS, system?

> No nothing that exciting, BIOS, and xfs on lvm2. Pretty much the
standard options anaconda gives you

> And it boots fine in 3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64

A thought: did you say you'd rebuilt the ramfs, making sure both xfs and
lvm drivers were included?

     mark