[CentOS] 7.2 kernel panic on boot

Fri Dec 4 01:25:45 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 11:20 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> If you look down the same wiki Download page, in the 'Base
> Distribution
> section' there is a CentOS release ver to RHEL release ver mapping, to
> indicate which version of the RHEL sources a specific CentOS build is
> derived from.
>
> 7(1503) : RHEL 7.1
> 7(1406) : RHEL 7.0

Its illogical to introduce a confusing numbering system resembling
random meaningless digits and then create a table to refer to the source
which has a conventional numbering system possessing clarity, brevity
and is easily rememberable.

Genuine genii prefer simple solutions (K.I.S.S.) whilst the less
talented mistakenly assume convoluted identification is preferable.
Conservatives think if something is working well, and is devoid of
problems, there is no benefit to mankind by replacing it with inferior
sub-standard alternatives. Additionally confusion wastes finite time and
finite resources.

The villain is RH who wants, for commercial reasons, to differentiate
its commercial product from the internationally respected free
alternative.

Shame the paid, by Red Hat, Centos volunteers lacked the ability -
within the Red Hat run Centos offshoot - to maintain Centos' once
treasured freedom. Now even the Centos logo and name are owned by, and
controlled by, Red Hat.

Luckily I have some years left on C6. Like Valeri I'll migrate to BSD
instead of using the increasingly problematic C7. That way I'll avoid
systemd and similar nightmares.

I continue to gratefully appreciate the Centos team's personal efforts
in producing a really splendid operating system for public consumption.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.