[CentOS] CentOS 7.2 - no GUI login after upgrade

Fri Dec 4 09:41:32 UTC 2015
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015, Leon Fauster wrote:

>> Any pointers on how to get the login screen?
>
> What about the gstreamer1 stuff, are all necessary
> libraries (linkage) in place? Especially for the EPEL
> stuff.

You *need* to upgrade the gstreamer libraries or you break gnome (which breaks
gdm).  Uninstall whatever is clashing from epel, upgrade gstreamer, all will
be well.

There's a missing dependency there in the RPMs, but to be honest that's not at
all uncommon.  I'd never recommend a partial update over a point release.

jh