[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Wed Dec 9 14:37:33 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 12/09/2015 08:54 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
> So, the implication of your suggestion, if I understand it aright, is
> that I should audit all of the communication forums in use by Fedora
> developers and then point out whenever any of the many dozens or
> hundreds of contributors introduces something that in my opinion may
> impact a server installation.  ....
>
> Am I correct?
Yeah, pretty much.  At least you have the ability to have some input
upstream, unlike with Windows.

Once it is in RHEL, it is simply *going* to be in CentOS, full stop.  If
you don't want it in CentOS, then it needs to be yelled about when it
appears in Fedora.  Yes, this is work.  But many are already doing this
work; it is those people whose voices are being heard; it is also some
of those people that are making dynamic networking happen (which is
useful for more than just laptops).

If you want your voice to be heard, you have to use your voice in the
venue where changes can happen.  Once it is in a particular major
version of CentOS, it is simply not going away (unless RHEL removes it).