[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Wed Dec 9 18:40:57 UTC 2015
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 01:15:56PM -0500, Steve Clark wrote:
> I think saying that you can have some say as to what goes into Fedora
> is being a little naive, look at systemd, many people complained
> about its inclusion but the powers to be heard none of it, and the

That's not a historically accurate picture of the process. And, I know,
because I was one of the people very skeptical of systemd's inclusion.
"Powers to be" didn't really come into it.

I'm not going to argue about systemd in specific, because that horse is
so dead that its zombie skeleton version is _also_ dead, but the
general point is important enough that I'll say it again: anyone who
puts in the effort to contribute can have a meaningful say in any and
every part of Fedora.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>