[CentOS] wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

Fri Dec 11 17:13:16 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 12/11/2015 06:45 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On the other hand, it would be relatively easy to determine the number
> of CentOS users, or CentOS machines, in various categories. For some
> reason both CentOS and Fedora seem to shy away from gathering this
> kind of information, or indeed any information from users.

Users' privacy, perhaps?  Maybe some users don't want people to know
that they use CentOS, for whatever reason.  Fedora/Red Hat tried doing
this sort of gathering of data, years ago, and it didn't work out well
(I'm trying to remember the name of the program that did the data
collection, which was an opt-in thing, but I'm coming up blank).