[CentOS] CentOS 7, NetworkMangler, and ipv6

Fri Dec 11 18:16:29 UTC 2015
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 12/10/2015 01:19 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> However, since he restarted the network, I do find this in the logs:
> Dec 10 16:06:01 <server> dhclient[96610]: PRC: Renewing lease on ens3f0.
> Dec 10 16:06:01 <server> dhclient[96610]: RCV: Reply message on ens3f0
> from fe80:::
> 222:64ff:fef6:d30c.
> Dec 10 16:06:01 <server> dhclient[96610]: IA_NA status code NoBinding:
> "Who are you? Do I know you?"
> Oh, yes, not sure who the 222: address is, but the one I've replaced with
> <addr> is not merely a valid one, it's the server running dibbler.
>
> So, I'm not sure what the "unhandled DHCP event is.

I think what you're seeing is the result of having multiple DHCP servers
on the same network.  The one at 222 appears to hand out addresses to
specific clients, and responds to your requests with the message "..Do I
know you?".  The client reports that to NetworkManager without a
"reason", and NM logs an unhandled DHCP event because it doesn't know
what to do with the information that dhclient provided.