[CentOS] boot thumbdrive with CentOS 7 ISO???

Mon Dec 14 22:03:26 UTC 2015
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 12/14/2015 12:45 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 12/13/2015 01:48 PM, ken wrote:
>>
>> So far I've created on this new laptop a big, empty partition; in the
>> BIOS enabled legacy booting and disabled UEFI;
>
> I'd recommend not doing that.  If you're planning to dual-boot, you'll
> have to reinstall your other OS after changing the boot type.  There
> shouldn't be any reason to disable UEFI or, in most cases, Secure Boot.

Thanks, Gordon.  A lot of talk on Googleland talks about setting the
BIOS to legacy mode, so that's the way I went.  Centos 7 said nothing
the contrary either... or doesn't say much otherwise.  But so, yes,
taking your advice: I reset all default BIOS settings to previously
(UEFI enabled, Legacy disabled) and then accessing the flashdrive at the
top of the list.

However now booting again, the CentOS 7 menu items all lead to these errors:

Image too small
error: /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz has invalid signature
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press 'e' to edit the selected line,  or 'c' for a command prompt.

Any suggestions as to what to do here?